Sunday, 19 January 2014

george clooney

AFter a shaky start to his career, George Clooney has re-invented himself as a ver fine actor, to the point where he is, without any doubt (in my mind at least, in the lead fpr the title of best, worldwide. the thing about acting though is that it is a tricksy craft- simply put, to be well done, the craft should be invisible. One should be so swept up in the con that one is unaware that there *is* a con. When one sits back and marvells at the artistry of the con artist and the  con cannot be described as having really ***worked.*But back to George Clooney. Mr Clooney is either blessed, or perhaps cursed with extreme good looks.Back in the old days back when E.R was the big new thing on T.Vand when jiggling the camera up-and-down had only just been invented to simulate "gritty realism"back then, George Clooney was younger and head surgeon in the hospital of "gritty realism" Back then acting wasn't that important; Bsck then Mr Clooney was dashing head surgeon and his good looks were enough to carry the day, and across the world millions, billions of women still sheilded the glow of their girlish fantasies and one day  loving the head surgeon. And, ladies and gentlemen , of such massedemotional resonances are bomber ratings made, In fact, back in the long ago past, I still remember a long table composed of one big interlocked puddle of spilt beer and a group of something like twelve female co-workers all British-Irish, all fans of the show,all payday-pissed, all proclaimining the greatness of George clooney's acting in such uncensored earthy terms that my young ears burned with embarrassment and my head spun with the fact that embarrassment and beer do not mix well.Neither, for that matter, does beer and complex thought* this too, contributed to the general feelings of vertigo, and I knew that if I thought too much I would fall over. I was still functional enough to know that, since I was sitting down, this would result in me either falling off my prized chair in the crowded"railway view" pub or falling face forwards into the surface of the table, where I could easily drown in the ashtray."These girls are HORRIBLE! I blithered to myself "And to think; I actually wanted to FUCK them! i looked up the table at Rachel, a blonde who actually intended moving into nursing and tried hard to find any remnants of my initial attraction to her, but they had vanished with her loud explicit diatribe on the subject of "george clooney"- cut, or uncut? it had gotten pretty rank there for a bit an had made me doubr rhat her appreciation "as an actor, ran very deep snd, as far as my withered ex-attraction for her went, I was glad that I was me and not George clooney, because the ide of fighting off the delightful Rachel was bad enough, but this whole drunken crew, moistened up by beer, with their minds foccussed on pack rape was too horrible to contemplate. the idea of me, as Mr clooney, being pursued down the street on foot (in the pouring rain) was pretty horrible.By comparison, the evening ahead of me that I was constructing in my mind, consisting of a couple of quiet games of pinball a few hours alone on the couch drinking tea and reading a book, seemed like heaven. real heaven. I goy up and walked home.

No comments:

Post a Comment