Blogs are what? supposed to be like diaries? Thats ok, I can manage that, easily enough. As it goes I suppose this diary won't be as enticingly sexy as one I might have kept before I got sick, Due undoubtedly to the complete absence of sex in my life so it goes. I may be as funny as I was before my cerebra vascular accident since oddly enough the sadder I am , the funnier I seem to be well, the funnier I seem to be capable of being. Obviously, when I 'm sad, I'm sadI didn't do a stand-up comedy routine and tap dance at my mother's funeral but at some of the less pleasant(but less attention grabbing moments I have been capable of inducing the odd snicker in people By the way, as far as this entry goes, I've been interrupted a few times. As you may know, at present I am incarcerated in a nursing/old peopl's home now this fact alone should have turned me into a goddam laff-riot, but it hasn't. As I just said, I've been interrupted a few times, once or twice by Veliana a nurse who demanded verbal acknowledgement of the fact that she'd come in to move my empty coffee cup around and to scold the stuff I'd just thrown on the floor. Then Houng, the nurse from vietnam came in. the only reason she had was that she wanted to talk in a high pitched silly voice with someone and she knew I was just the idiot to take the bait. I got her to sing songs in vietnamese; Did you know that "happy birthday is completely unrecognizeable when sung in a high pitched silly voice, in Vietnamese? by a singer who keeps exploding into giggling fits and, being told about singing "twinkle twinkle little star" (which I was singing in a high pitched silly voice, and all the "L's changed into"R's"- as a joke about Houngs accent. We got pretty loud there for awhile. Houng is pretty wonderful. she is about 4 foot ten tall, weighs perhaps 55 kilos, and is one of the people I never would have met if I hadn't had my stroke. I can hear her now, at the other end of the corridor, whinging on about god-knows-what, and I know that as horrible as my stroke was, and the horrible shit it spackled all over my life, It was a cloud with a silver lining. and praise the great spirit I seem to have found the positive in it, and in the people around me who have come forward to help me. Its been one holy fuck of a learning experience, and I seem to have learned from it., but I must admit that Houng is one of my favourite teachers and her classes are the most fun. I just don'know what they're about yet:)
What else?I have the unit at Darlinghurst to move into, but cannot move in until, the bathroom door is widened to assist wheelchair access.First. structural engineers had to see the job to make sure that the ten floors upstairs did not become the ten floors in the bathroom. they, arrived. they measured, they went both "hum" and "ha"-depending on what they'd measured. They announced that they were pretty much satisfied-provided that the job was not done by arrant fuckwits. and that people understood that the whole subject was well, pretty friggen complicated; that they''d done their best and that there was probably already a playful kitten in the lap of the gods. And well, there should be! If I was a god, one of the first things I'd do would be get myself a kitten.(God strata-rules permitting)
No comments:
Post a Comment