Another largely pointless wasted day. Its quite hard to believe that I'm still alive - at least once per day I am shocked, almost overwhelmed that I'm still breathing and above ground. I'll look around, and, rather like a meerkat searching the sky for hawks, check to see whether I'm alive.
When I feel the pain in my arse from the crumpled cushion on the wheelchair, I know I must be. So I think to myself, 'I'm alive, a major cerebral aneurysm which very nearly killed me, didn't. And a pulmonary embolism that actually did 'kill' me, didn't either.' If I "should" be dead and I'm alive, it must all mean something. It must be about something. I can't waste a minute, I've got to get getting, I've got to work. Any day without something significantly creative achieved is an insult to whatever deity who could have offed me but didn't. Everything creative that I make, you see, is a tribute to the deity who created it in the first place.
Now I'll admit these are damned strange words for an atheist but as I write them now I know that they are true. When I write I feel that I am simply taking dictation from something invisible, half in and half out of the ceiling above me. Something which meets me half way and gives me the words to describe things I already know.
So today was a waste of time? No painting. No writing. No drawing. A waste of time. I let the howlers and screechers outside my door in the 'lunatic asylum' in which I live distract me every time I got started on anything. And believe me until you've lived in an old people's home where everybody is stone deaf and has to communicate at a full fledged screech, you haven't heard loud. So I started a blog. So I would always have something to do.
I won a crappy ass tatty bracelet in bingo today. Its an indicator that I've been here too long that I actually cared when the damned paltry thing was plonked down in front of me, I was tickled pink... even though the prize I,d had my heart set on had been s tube of toothpaste in an attractive emerald- green boxas it was I barely felt entitled to the bracelet; since my left- side and almost terminal pornographic weathering meant that the games passed me in a blur.truth be told if it'd been left to me, I woulda got1/10th of the numbers and I still be dreaming away in front of the card even though the game packed up and left the room over an hour ago.Kitty Allen watched my card, but, far more tellingly called "Bingo for me.I owe everything, well, on sad bracelet made by one of us loonies in craft.
ReplyDelete